We are currently seeking a Whey Process Operator for a client based in client Camelford. The role is a 12-month fixed contract which could lead to a permanent position.
The primary role is to be part of the Whey Operations Team manufacturing, packing and dispatching demineralized whey powder or manufacturing GOS liquids. You will be expected to ensure product is manufactured in accordance with a manufacturing plan and to the D90 – GOS manufacturing specification as issued by the Whey and GOS Operations Manager. Operators are expected to demonstrate a high standard of commitment to customer quality and to be capable of running automated manufacturing processes to meet the client’s objectives.
Nature & Scope of the Job
Demineralized whey powder is used by the customer as an ingredient for infant food and therefore has to be manufactured under very strict GMP standards. The specifications also demand a high degree of process control.
The Whey Process Operator is part of the team working in the separation, demineralization, evaporation, drying bagging (days) and butter (days) areas, depending on skills and experience. Cross training will be part of the individual’s development.
The Whey Process Operator will under the guidance of the Team Shift Manager, will support the delivery of the production plan and manufacturing product in accordance with the relevant SOPs, product specifications and procedures.
The Whey Process Operator will work the process to agreed standards and if the process deviates from the norm, escalate the issue to the Team Shift Manager (1st call) or other support functions e.g. Technical or Eng Team leader to maintain process efficiency. They will also demonstrate the ability to use problem solving tools and technical knowledge to support their own process. A high standard of commitment to process stability and customer quality is expected.
Knowledge & Experience Required
• You must have your own driving license and transport
• The ability to learn the technical aspects of whey processing is expected
• Demonstrable understanding and willingness to comply with all food safety standards, GMP and Health and Safety consistent with working in a world class food manufacturing environment
• A passion for and an enthusiasm to be part of a high performing team
• A high level of personal integrity and desire for personal development
• Results orientated, excellent work ethic, passion, energy and drive
• Previous experience in the food industry
• Work proactively and be willing to take the initiative
• Be a team player with good interpersonal skills
• Have the ability to work under pressure, multitask and be self-accountable
• Paying up to a maximum of £23.5k
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Excellent benefits including pension, NI and product discounts
• The opportunity to work with industry leading experts
• Subsidised canteen
• Staff shop
• Free parking
Salary up to £23,500
For more information please contact Alternative Recruitment on 01409 255647.