We are currently seeking an experienced Shift Engineer to be responsible for the operation, monitoring, testing and maintenance of a Waste Water Treatment Plant, Water Recovery System, Site water supplies and other relevant site services functions.
If you are a multi skilled engineer with relevant engineering qualifications with food manufacturing background and feel ready to take on a challenging and very rewarding role this could be the next step in your career with the leading British foods company.
Purpose of Job
• Reporting to the utilities manager the role is to be responsible for the operation, monitoring, testing and maintenance of the WWTP, water recovery system, site water supplies and other relevant site services functions.
• This must be achieved whilst adhering to environmental consent limits, legislative standards in Water Recovery and Health and Safety and all company requirements.
• To provide engineering resource to the process, ensuring plant stoppages are kept at a minimum and to carry out PPM tasks.
• Ensure WWTP and Water Recovery is run safely and to current legislations.
• Work unsupervised within agreed skill base.
• Carry out maintenance, daily and ad-hoc tasks across the plants.
• To be involved with appropriate training to improve skills and help to ensure all plant needs are met.
• Will need to be physically fit and enjoy working outdoors.
• Have a flexible approach to shift cover and willing to be called out when necessary and available.
• Carry out and record suitable hand-overs to ensure continuity between shifts.
• To use appropriate monitoring techniques to identify and resolve plant issues.
• Ensure compliance with Environmental consents, Health and Safety in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
• Communicate and report issues.
• Ensure compliance of all data reporting is timely and accurate.
• Work proactively to ensure operation of WWTP and Water Recovery.
• To minimize plant downtime to control plant throughputs and water recovery.
Knowledge & Experience Required
• Will aim to be computer literate.
• Trained to engineer standards, City & Guilds, HNC, ONC or be able to demonstrate suitable and sufficient engineering knowledge and skills.
• To be able to demonstrate practical engineering skills and enjoy hands on approach.
• Have an understanding on current relevant legislation.
• Work proactively and willing to take the initiative.
• Have the ability to work under pressure, multi task and self-accountable.
• Have broad understanding of relevant site plant processes.
• Be aware of responsibility to follow instructions as stated in our clients Health and Safety Policy.
• Be aware of departmental Risk Assessments and follow Safe Systems of Work.
Shift Pattern: 3 on 3 off, days & nights / 7 to 7 including weekends and Bank Holidays.
This is a full time permanent position, salary up to 36k dependant on experience.
For more information please contact Alternative Recruitment on 01409 255647.