We are currently seeking a Farm Business Centre Advisor for a leading British dairy products company. The position can be based at following of the client’s sites; Davidstow, Cornwall OR Claygate, Surrey (Soon moving to Weybridge – 30 minutes by train from Waterloo)
This role provides the first point of contact for all Davidstow farmers on issues relating to milk procurement. The job holder is responsible for effectively managing all aspects of farmer contract administration and information dissemination – ensuring accuracy and timeliness and that farmer queries are answered effectively and confidently.
The successful candidate is responsible for working closely with Technical and Operations stakeholders to ensure the client are meeting regulatory requirements and continually improving best practice across our supply chain.
The successful candidate will provide support to the team in establishing strong relationships with our client’s farmers, as well as third party bodies to ensure effective risk management and provide the best possible support for our client’s 350 direct supplying farmers. The individual will also be responsible for driving a number of best-practice processes that manages risk in terms of quality and farm standards across the total milk field c. 500m litres per annum.
- To be the first point of contact for all Cheese/BSO farmers and related third party service suppliers via telephone, email and our clients interactive farm website.
- To provide technical guidance where appropriate – via an actions checklist and identifying next steps.
- Working closely with Farm Business Manager in the field to ensure all records are up to date, help plan appointments and manage the dashboard to measure type and number of queries made, in order to tailor our farm business service to meet farmer needs.
- Provide support to Milk Procurement Manager and team on projects and other areas of team focus as required.
- Proactively contact farms as required (from a daily action list) with regard to out-of-line results – providing relevant details, advice where possible and clarity on payment, contractual or statutory implications.
- Assist with all aspects of supplier administrations, including: Contract status; Price changes and payment.
Key Skills and Abilities
- A good, confident telephone manner is required, together with a disciplined approach to admin and managing records and data.
- Systems management and reporting on data as and when required.
- A reasonable knowledge of agriculture, and milk production in particular, is advantageous or the desire to learn – to enable credible and effective communication to farmers and third party service providers.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Access and Excel databases to produce data queries within a high volume transaction environment.
- It is essential to have an ability to work with great attention to detail in a pressurised environment and to agreed deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills – within team environment and to farmers and service providers
- Ability to identify issues that require more specialist advice and initiative to use resources at hand to resolve these issues.
Our client offers
- Salary of up to £28,000
- 25 Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Comprehensive training to enable you to do your role
- Development opportunities
- An opportunity to be part of a high performing team
- Attractive workplace pension scheme and company bonus
- Company Sharesave scheme
- Free, onsite parking
- Discounted branded products
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- My Staff shop – access to exclusive benefits, free advice and savings – providing great discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers.
This is a full time permanent position.
Davidstow, Cornwall OR Claygate, Surrey
For more information please contact Alternative Recruitment on 01409255647