We are currently seeking an Environmental Coordinator for our client based in Camelford.
Purpose of Job
Environmental Coordinator – manages the environmental management systems and policy guidelines to safeguard the company environmental compliance to regulatory bodies and company standards.
Nature & Scope of the Job
• To support implementation of site specific programs to deliver the corporate Security and Environment policies and site objectives / targets.
• To maintain effective management systems for security and environment, which reduce the risks of damage, theft, or pollution, and is audited annually.
• Ensuring the site is capable of delivering its annual environmental plans to achieve continual improvement.
• Auditing local compliance with our client’s standards annually. Support 3rd party and external audits and identifying corrective action programs to improve.
• Co-ordinate the investigation of any environmental accidents or incidents effecting property or the local environment. This includes liaising with any enforcement authorities, as an Accident/Incident Investigator and support for the HSE manager.
• To engage and build accountability amongst the, first line managers and employees to take ownership for their elements of compliance.
• To act as a compliance champion with senior and middle management for excellence and team working
• This role supports the corporate social responsibility programs including environmental assessments, customer communications and reporting.
• To support the compliance strategy for the site through communication with the SLT to ensure ownership and accountability at the right level.
• To coordinate environmental engagement across the site at all levels. To consider new methods and approaches for keeping HSE at the forefront for the team making it live and sustainable.
• To actively support the site team in working closely with customers and their individual compliance standards to achieve the highest levels of audit and accreditation.
• To engage with the wider team to develop environmental champions to an appropriate standard.
• To drive appropriate standards of Environment & security on site for all individuals: site based visitors, contractors, security etc.
• To communicate and drive consistent company standards and ways of working on the site, by ensuring they are simple, understood and people have clear accountability for delivery.
• To improve Environmental agenda items on site by challenging the status quo and current performance through behavioural / cultural change. To work with the group HSE team to improve methods for dealing with environmental issues and waste to achieve CSR and customer targets.
• In conjunction with the HSE manager, prepare and deliver the site ems and environment plans including capital / revenue budget requirements.
• To measure and monitor environmental and security performance across all areas, support development of programmes for continual improvement, which includes appropriate support for implementation
Provide guidance for the SLT on site to drive consistent standards. Advise individuals in the delivery of these standards.
• To audit compliance with legislative standards annually
• Manage local suppliers ensuring compliance to Regulation
Knowledge & Experience Required
• NEBOSH and/or EMA Qualified preferred
• Food Hygiene Level 2 preferred
• Auditor Certification preferred
• Minimum of 3 years working within the food industry in a relevant role
• Ease at integrating with colleagues across a spectrum
• Ability to monitor own status, gap analysis and create recovery plans if required.
• Qualification or background in a Technical or Engineering field
• Strong self-management skills
• Computer literate
• Excellent administration skills
• Demonstrable supplier management experience
• High level of attention to detail & accuracy
• Presentation skills
• Knowledge of EUETS
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Excellent benefits including pension, NI and product discounts
• The opportunity to work with industry leading experts
• Subsidised canteen
• Staff shop
• Free parking
• No zero hour contracts
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract role, up to £35,000 + 25 days holiday.
For more information please contact Alternative Recruitment on 01409 255647