We are currently seeking a Chef de Partie for a highly successful Hotel located in Bude.
As Chef de Partie you will be responsible for ensuring that all customers are provided the greatest dining experiences with the highest levels of satisfaction. You will adhere with superior levels of workplace hygiene, safety and service and ensure seamless operations within all necessary departments.
• The preparation of a variety of meals, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking e.g. grills, fryers and other kitchen equipment
• Helping the Sous Chef and Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus
• Managing Commis chefs/trainees working with you
• Assuming100% responsibility for quality of products served
• Knowing and complying consistently with our cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
• Ensuring mise en place is carried out in your allocated area
• Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food products to assure a smooth service period
• Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes. Ensure portion control guidelines maintained and waste is minimized
• Maintaining a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, fryers, burners, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
• Handling stores and rotating all products properly. Use our product labelling system to label, date, rotate and store all food products
• Assisting in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed
• Opening/Closing kitchen properly in line with kitchen checklists. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
• Always follow safe food handling practices
• Ensuring all reasonable action is taken to secure company property in the case of theft, fire or general damage
• Undertaking staff training as deemed appropriate
• You have the responsibility to work safely at all times and to report any potential hazards, faults or problems
Key attributes required for role
• Excellent cooking skills
• Understanding of produce and ingredients
• Physical and mental resilience
• Always come to work with clean chef whites
• A grasp of profit margins
• Can remain calm under pressure and smile even in the toughest situations
Our client wants to provide the necessary training to enable you to be the best you can be and to make your job interesting and rewarding. The Executive Chef conducts formal training for the kitchen brigade to ensure they can achieve the next level of qualifications as appropriate.
As a valued team member, you will receive
• Light meals whilst on duty after six hours
• Discounted rates within the company (10%)
• Gratuity payments (based on hours worked)
Our clients operates 364 days a year, 24 hours a day and shifts may vary. We will require you to be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts and over holiday periods. Holiday will not normally be permitted between July 7 and September 10, Bank Holidays and over the Christmas and New Year Period unless with prior management consent.
Salary dependant on experience